Wednesday, December 13, 2006

From the Walleye Inn

The Colonel has a new habit.

It seems the only time I post anymore is when I'm sitting in lonely hotel rooms, down the hall from over-priced vending machines.

Tonight, I am in "The Walleye Inn" in Baudette, MN



I love this Hotel. It has a hand-written sign in the lobby which I will quote without making anything up...

"For your safety and the safety of our guests, Please do not bring Ice Augers into your rooms."

So I was supposed to be putting together a PowerPoint presentation, but realized I was running short of what little brain power I had. I needed soda pop and something salty.

Unfortunatley, I had exactly $2 in my wallet.

Cautious but still hopeful, I made my way down to the vending machines.

Wow...$1.50 for Diet Pepsi...



That left me with 50 cents. I peered through the glass of the snack machine.

Arrrrgh. EVERTHING was 75 cents.

I stuffed my hands into my pockets in despair and turned back toward my room.

jingle jingle...

...four pennies and an EXTRA QUARTER.



I was so happy.

So I wrote this post instead of working, but that's OK, because I probably won't sleep much tonight anyway.

Some guy in the next room just started up an Ice Auger.


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed! I think blogging was an excellent use of your time. Oh, and I'm willing to wager that the front desk keeps dollar bills on hand...
The Blonde

7:20 AM  
Blogger Colonel Havoc said...

Ha! LOL...

6:14 AM  
Blogger midnight mama said...

I was enjoying your post until the lie at the end.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Reinman said...

You paid six times more for that Diet Pepsi than you should have. Actually, you paid infinitely too much because Diet Pepsi sucks and is gross.

Also, lies are foundation of good writing -- and spell checker.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Graceland King said...

The boss won't let me use the auger in the house anymore.

6:17 AM  
Blogger Graceland King said...

And how much are they paying you for the Pepsi and Chex spot on your blog?

3:52 PM  
Blogger JC said...

There are leaves on the trees in that picture????

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home