Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Things I Do Because I'm a Moron VII

My son thoughtfully gave the Blond and me a couple of REALLY BUTT-KICKING, Industrial Coffee Mugs. (Not like my old one)



Seriously, they are great. They are well padded, virtually leak-proof, and even have a little clip so you don't have to juggle your coffee with your briefcase, groceries, or small non-ambulatory pets.

So I pour myself a cup this morning, and an unconcious part of my mind takes over.

"Hey," it says, without bothering to consult with the rest of my brain, "If you're going to clip this thing to your briefcase, you'd better test it to see if it REALLY is leak-proof."

Now keep in mind that I wasn't really THINKING about this. If I had checked in with the rational side of my cerebellum, I would have simply held the cofee-filled mug over the sink while tipping it over.

For some reason that I just don't understand, the evil, unconcious moron within me decided that the PROPER way to test the mug was to HOLD MY HAND UNDER IT.

I want to stress that there is nothing wrong with the mug. It's GREAT. It truly is leak-proof. That wasn't the problem.


The problem was that I had left the lid open.


Right now, I'm typing with one hand.

8 Comments:

Blogger Reinman said...

Hahahahahaha!

Also, two posts in two days. I love it!

9:44 AM  
Blogger [ brooke ] said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:58 PM  
Blogger [ brooke ] said...

at least the mug works..


and i think jennie got that pink one at one of my birthday parties.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

At least it wasn't hydrochloric acid!

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know, you guys really are our twins separated at birth. this is just too beautiful

and too familiar

!

8:00 PM  
Blogger Graceland King said...

That's funny, you do things because you are a moron. I do them because of the world conspiracy against me.

8:42 AM  
Blogger JC said...

ha ha ha...i really needed the laugh!

3:32 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

I think Andrew should follow you with a video camera and get these acts on tape.

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home