Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Here...Try This...(Part III)

My final visit to this dentist was pretty much just a conversation. No dental work, no gas, just a little chat.

He had pulled one of my wisdom teeth a month before. (The intense work chronicled in "Here...Try This... Part I") I was beginning to get a bit concerned because the right side of my tongue had gone numb and the feeling had not yet returned. I was further disturbed by the fact that my wife (The Blond) also had a tooth pulled by him a year earlier. Her tongue had gone numb as well, and her feeling had not come back either.

"I have a question," I said.

"No problem," He replied, reaching under his desk for the N2O mask.

"Now now...none of that," I took a step backwards. "I need to talk to you about my tongue." (Of course, it came out as, "I beeed do dock do boo aboud by dumb," but I already did that shtick in "Part II".)

He put the gas mask back under the desk, looking a bit disappointed, "So what seems to be the trouble?"

"It's been a month. My tongue went numb and it still isn't back to normal."

"Is it really that bad?"

"Bad? I have a trombone concert tonight, and when I play, it sounds more like someone is poking Donald Trump in the stomach with a pool cue, not that I'm recommending that sort of thing. What can I do, Doc?"

"Well, there's really nothing you can do. It's one of those freaky, "One-in-a-Million" things."

I was incredulous. "One in a Million? That's exactly what you told my wife a year ago when her tongue went numb. If it's really "One-in-a-Million", how do explain the fact that this happened to both of us?"

Here was his reply. I swear I'm not making it up.

He said, "Heredity?"


Think about it.

I refused his offer of more gas, walked out of there and found another dentist.

8 Comments:

Blogger dangeresque dan said...

If you have legitimate problems and he's reaching for the gas, I wonder what he does to his kids when they come to ask for his help . . . I have one guess

6:44 AM  
Blogger JC said...

Awesome post...awesome link!
Heredity....ha (even I got that one)

6:58 AM  
Blogger SuperStar said...

Hahahaha! Yes, you definitely keep me entertained. Everything in Dallas is fine. even without N2O.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Shelby said...

HAHAHA! That's the best story I've heard in a while..

11:44 AM  
Blogger Graceland King said...

I went to the dentist once and I have gas a lot...is that what you meant?

2:07 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Yeah, Andrew laughed the hardest when you were telling this story. Especially at the "Heredity" part. haha

tootles! :)

6:59 PM  
Blogger the devine one said...

Wow, what a dumb dentist.

1:33 PM  
Blogger adidas nmd said...

timberland outlet
salomon speedcross
michael kors outlet online
true religion uk
nike kyrie 3
nike huaraches
nike huarache
skechers outlet
harden shoes
cheap jordans

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home