Friday, September 09, 2005

Here...Try This...(Part II)

(For Part One, scroll down or click here.)

I still remember my first appointment with
this guy. He was going to do some routine work, so he threw the mask on (me...not himself) and turned up the gas.

Since it was the first time I had ever been under any kind of anesthetic, I took a somewhat intellectual approach. I was quite interested in studying the effects the
N2O would have on me.

"Hmmm...this is interesting..."

I felt like I was sinking deeper and deeper into the dental chair. Meanwhile, it seemed like layers and layers of haze we're piling up on top of me, separating me from the room, the assistant, the dentist...

I could hear bits of his instructions as he worked.


"SuctioNnnNnnn ..................drill..ill..illll....illlllll...........
scraaaaaaaaperrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..."



Then, his tone changed just a bit...

"SOooooooooo.......DoEs tHe ECOooooooonemeeee......afffffect you verrrrrrry much...............there..........atttttttt. ........McDoooooonnnnnnald's???????"

"What?" I thought, "What was that?"

"Oh-no," I started to panic, "He's talking to me. I'm sitting here under 20 layers of nitrous haze and this knuckle head is actually asking me a QUESTION."

I figured I'd better give him an answer, so I said, (and this is a direct quote...)

"Welllllll you noooo the garrrrrbghegagh blellllaghuegh isssss wighewwwww reshpectobiggle..."

Through my eyeslits, I could just barely see him nodding as if he understood perfectly.

Coming soon: Part III: My last trip to this dentist, and why I stopped going. (No N2O involved.)

I don't think I'll use "Spell-Check" on this one.

5 Comments:

Blogger JC said...

Soo....how is McDonalds? (hee hee)

12:22 PM  
Blogger [ brooke ] said...

As I said before, Nitrous Oxide is the best! Then your lips get numb and it's funny trying to communicate. Hey, he understood you! Or tried to, at least.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Yeah, Andrew laughed really hard when you were telling us the story. We all did, but him especially. I wonder why...

tootles! :)

2:11 PM  
Blogger Reinman said...

To imitate the good Col:

"reshpectobiggle"...

Puddleglum...

cool.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Colonel Havoc said...

Thank you. Thank you so much.

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home