Monday, January 30, 2006

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes

There... Happy?

The Colonel finaly got around to awarding the prize for the great Blog Color Debate, in which only one person participated.

The prize, you will not recall, was that the winner would see his handiwork displayed in the form of changing the color scheme of the Ol' Band Blog.

Also, the LOGO has changed a bit. It used to look like this... (I'm still not sold on the new one...)

So, if you like the changes, please leave a comment describing how brilliant the Colonel is for getting someone else to do all his hard work.

If you don't like what you see, blame
this guy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jilb said...

Hmm.. Not sure if I like it or not. I might just have to get used to it.

I think I was too used to the other one.

And as for "that guy" he shouldn't worry about your blog. Instead, he should worry about posting more often.

Ok, that's it.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Reinman said...

I like it. The header text works best when the contrast is high and the background is simple (A Colonel Havoc Blog) otherwise, it can be a little difficult to read.

Solution? Tinker with the header photo. I may be wrong, but the current photo looks like one from an internet search. Instead, have the Hermit frame-grab one from the actual film, then crop and tinker to your heart's content.

The page itself looks great. It's easy to read, which is the most important thing.

7:44 PM  
Blogger dangeresque dan said...

I like it. The header font is cool. I also like the new colors. And I agree with Jill, Truemvr should post more often. I am no exception to that.

5:38 AM  
Blogger Colonel Havoc said...

Thanks for the input, folks.

Reinman: Good Idea. I've always wanted a "Harold & Winthrop" shot without Marion anyway. I just hadn't thought of forcing the youngest son to get it for me. I think the shot with the new trumpet is a lighter scene and would work better.

In fairness to coffee boy, he has put in more than a fair amount of time lately on the Rustproof site development team.

...but it IS time for him to post now.

5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home