Friday, December 30, 2005

Not so Stupid Things We Do...

...but I'm still a Moron.



The Alarm went off at 5:30 this morning. Normally, I would hit the Happy Button about twelve times, but today was different.

Caribou Coffee opened this morning in Hibbing at 6 am.



The Blond, our friend PK, and The Colonel were the 1st customers. "
New Dad" wasn't very far behind. The Colonel was so excited, that he began to refer to himself in the third person again. The Blond told him to stop it, so I did.



PK offered up a “Blessing/Toast” asking that God would prosper this new business with great employees, good health, and lots of customers. The Manager gave us a Ginormous stack of Free Coupons to give out to friends and family.



Just for kicks, we ran some coffee down to our
favorite local DeeJays.



Already wired, The Blond & I then went back through the DT for a couple "Double Shot" Machiattos.

By the time we got home, we were chattering at about 300 words per minute.



We were so pumped, she sent me back for a couple of Mugs.

I have to calm down. I have to calm down…

We’re going to go back tonight when
Coffee Boy has his first shift...

...I think I’ll try a “Triple.”

6 Comments:

Blogger Jilb said...

Fun!

9:06 AM  
Blogger Newsy said...

"Free Coupons" No way! How cool is that? Now thats what we call service!

7:11 PM  
Blogger Colonel Havoc said...

It's mostly an upper-midwest kind of phenomenon, but they are expanding in leaps and bounds. As you can see from this link, there are a growing number in your area of the country.

Thanks for the Blog address...So far, so good! Keep it going.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Colonel Havoc said...

To Reinman & The Hermit:

..."and Aragorn placed his hand on Háleth's shoulder."

The End

11:18 AM  
Blogger Graceland King said...

Caribou was voted America's Best Coffee by someone once.

2:30 PM  
Blogger [ brooke ] said...

I've always wondered what Craig looks like..

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home