Sunday, July 15, 2007

How to Lose Friends & Alienate People

A wise man once told me, "Hey, Colonel, you're a pretty anti-social kind of guy. If you're walking through Wal-Mart and don't want to talk to anyone, just pretend you are on your cell phone."

Good advice, which I often follow to the letter.

Today, however, on a particularly misanthropic shopping trip, I realized with horror that I had actually forgotten my phone at home.



So I pretended anyway.

I don't think anyone believed me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Larry said...

Just stick something in your ear and pretend it's a bluetooth device.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Graceland King said...

I just did that at Wal Mart, trying to avoid someone. I made the mistake of making eye contact and not walking fast enough though.

5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home