Monday, June 11, 2007

OK, Peter, I Apologize

The Colonel recently got a taste of his own medicine.

Frequent readers of this blog (and you know who you are, Bob) will perhaps
recall my rant over Hollywood's current obsession with stretching movies out over 3 hours. In an ironically long post (and I use the word "ironically" correctly) the Colonel went on and on about how directors like Peter J. and Gore V have lost all sense of editorial discipline.

It was time to edit the Hermit's Grad Video. Those who watched him grow up, know that he has provided the Colonel and The Blond with an embarrassment of comic material over the years, much of it captured on video tape.

Somehow, I got the idea I had to use it all. I don't know what came over me.

2002: The Soon-to-Be-a-Daddy's
Grad Video: 6 1/2 Minutes. Inspiring and Concise.
2004: Coffee Boy's Grad Video: 8 1/2 Minutes. Touching and Effective.*

Doogie's Grad Video premiered last Sunday at 15 minutes.

Thank goodness for YouTube'S policy of limiting submissions to 10 minutes or less. They forced some linear integrity I did not otherwise have.

Here's the Edited Version. (9:59)




Congratulations Doogie.

*We'll post Mike's Grad Video later this week.

2 Comments:

Blogger mrswilly said...

well you seriously outdid yourself. When you can create a video of your child that brings tears to the eyes of anyone who watches it, I do believe you have created something beautiful. Thank you for sharing this with those of us who are far away. I am sure we will all take turns watching it. (loved the shot of the three boys riding bikes with the basset hound following behind) oh and (loved the many hairstyles of Tony Sterle) ha ha! wasn't too long for me! Congrats Doogie. Three down, one to go!

6:50 AM  
Blogger JC said...

That was awesome. I echo Sue's words- thanks for sharing for those of us far away. Godspeed to you Doogie!

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home