Friday, May 04, 2007

Things I Do Because I'm a Moron VIII

It was time to register the Hermit* for College. Before we left, I said to the Blond, “Hey, I think I’ll put on a jacket with these jeans so I can pretend to be some kind of Obnoxious Liberal College Professor.”

The Hermit’s older brother
is a Post Grad Student and Part-time Professor at the same school. We had made arrangements to meet him in front of the registration hall before student orientation.

When we pulled up and saw his choice of attire, I knew my moron instincts that morning had been functioning with their usual
alacrity. (and I use the word somewhat incorrectly...)



Any thoughts I may have been having about leaving my costume in the car paled in comparison to the prospect of totally embarrassing the Boy, the Other Boy, and the Blond. (Who is used to it by now…)



Note the Matching Shoes…We don't make this stuff up…

The Hermit said he was glad to be getting away.

*In his speech, the College President actually said you can’t be a “Hermit” at BSU…Time for a new moniker.

5 Comments:

Blogger JC said...

I can't believe I just read a post about the hermit being in college. Wow.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Jilb said...

Haha. What a bunch of dorks!

3:14 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

I just don't know what to say.

6:47 AM  
Blogger Graceland King said...

Take away the classes and I could swear the Boy looks like Gregory House. I'm glad I know him.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Graceland King said...

yeah, yeah, I mean glasses...not even close on the keyboard, but I guess classes would have worked too.

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home