Monday, October 23, 2006

Minnesota Rhapsody

Q. What if Freddy Mercury had been born & raised in Northern Minnesota, rather than his native England?



A. He would have gotten beat up a lot.

But in addition to that, can you imagine how irrevocably the history of Rock music may have been altered?

Check it out…

Ice fish a little put a crappie in a pan
Scare a moose scare a moose
Get you bitten by mosquito

Cheering for the Vikings
Very very frightening me

MINNESOTA! MINNESOTA!
MINNESOTA! MINNESOTA!
Minnesota buy a boat!

I’m just a Ranger nobody loves me
He’s just a Ranger from a poor family
Votes democrat with irrationality


Easy come Easy go
Will you shovel snow?
Huskvarna! No!
We will not shovel snow! Shovel Snow!
Huskvarna!
We will not shovel snow! Shovel Snow!
Huskvarna!
We will not shovel snow!
Will not shovel snow
Will not shovel snow
Will not shovel snow
No no no no no no no

Mama mia Mama mia Mama mia shovel snow

My Pickup Truck has a cooler full of beer
For me…
For me…
For ME!!!!!

(screaming guitar solo...)


When you think about it, this sort of thing does help to explain “Subterranean Homesick Blues”

Apparently, young Bobby Z. DID get beat up a lot….




3 Comments:

Blogger Graceland King said...

Genius, genius. I must say I was skeptical at first, but this was just hilarious...and you know I don't say that lightly.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Reinman said...

Haha, JMS and I used to sing that periodically in school.

Nobody knew what the heck we were talking about...

7:39 AM  
Blogger Colonel Havoc said...

As I recall, we never got past writing the "Buy a Boat" line.

(Although we knew "shovel snow" would appear somehow...)

We finished it this week as an excuse to blog.

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home