Wednesday, October 25, 2006

She Spotted a Billboard for Denny's

It's official...

The Blond has gone insane.

She woke the Colonel up this morning with the following statement:

"We didn't have vegetables yesterday. I feel the need for vegetables. I'm going to make Green Beans."

"You mean for lunch?" I asked.



I shouldn't be so naive.

As she sat there, enjoying her Morning Paper, Egg Whites, Toast, Salsa, & GREEN BEANS, I had two recurring thoughts...

1. Don't make any sudden moves.
2. Humor her...for pity's sake, HUMOR her.

That's why I can still tell my mom that I absolutely will not eat green beans for lunch.

I just have them at breakfast.

3 Comments:

Blogger Larry said...

What Netflix is that next to the green beans?

Anything to distract me from eating my green beans. I don't know, maybe it's the color, possibly the texture. ick.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Colonel Havoc said...

It was "Evita", a musical based on the life of Eva Peron.

Fantastic Andrew Lloyd Webber score, and a very under-rated performance by Madonna in the only role we've ever liked her in.

(Once again, I give you a preposition that I ended a sentence with...)

(and again...)

BTW, Kudos to Blogmaster Larry. I told the Blond this morning that only astute readers would pick up on the carefully placed Netflix envelopes and other pariphinalia in the photo.

6:41 PM  
Blogger [ brooke ] said...

Bacon and eggs for half price.

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home