Sunday, May 31, 2009

Moron's, Nerds, and REALLY good Baby Makers

Every store we stopped at brought the same questions:

"Are you guys going to a game?"

"Did you guys come from a game?"

"Hey! What's the deal? Aren't the Twins in Tampa this weekend?" (more astute fans, but making us really look like idiots.)

"No," we would giddily reply, "Our son and daughter-in-law are having Twins, today!"

Responses ranged from "I don't get it." (Burger King) to "Oh! I just got goose bumps!" (Dollar Store) to "I'll be watching for Bert to Circle you!" (Caribou Coffee)




Welcome, Aidan (on right) and Isabella (on left)....

7 Comments:

Blogger Jilb said...

Yeah!

It took me a minute to figure out why you guys were wearing the Twins stuff. I thought maybe you were going to a Twins game and not going to Sparta! haha.

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Reinman said...

Afterward, the nurse said, "Boy, they were sure a spirited bunch."

Take it as a compliment.

3:38 PM  
Blogger Graceland King said...

How slow am I? All I thought was "I've never seen Mike in a Twins shirt, what's the deal"...it took a while.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Cool idea! Congrats on the new (grand)kids!

7:01 PM  
Blogger mrswilly said...

We are so happy for you all! what a wonderful blessing. Congrats Grandma and Grandpa. May God bless you all!

3:56 PM  
Blogger JC said...

i LOVE it!
I've always remembered the sermon you preached a few years back on "living largely". I'm so excited for you guys and love watching and learning from you guys. Thanks for sharing this season of life with us on your blog!

8:18 AM  
Blogger Bobbi said...

congrats to you all! I'm a friend of gail's in TX...and I'm now living in fargo...
bobbi

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home