Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Conversations with the Blond

The Colonel purchased a new shaver, but that is not the point.


One morning, the blond looked into the bathroom to find him staring intently at its carrying case.

"You are thinking that it bears a striking resemblance to the Photon Torpedo Shell used as a coffin for Spock in the classic Star Trek film, "The Wrath of Khan", aren't you?" She said.

The Colonel replied, "I'm married to a nerd."

"Osmosis," She replied.




Incidentally, she was correct.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I often wonder what it would be like to live in your world with the two of you...you are indeed scary, scary nerds! (But I love you both!)

Your sis

11:37 AM  
Blogger Reinman said...

I always liked those classic Star Trek proton torpedoes. A heavy-looking, tangible object is much cooler than some abstract ball of energy.

And yes, it's OK, you can say it...

6:41 AM  
Blogger Colonel Havoc said...

Nerd...

8:33 AM  
Blogger dangeresque dan said...

I am with the Reinman on this. It just looks damaging. Mrs. Col. should be happy you said star TREK and not Wars. It's better not to be a one trick pony. I'm sure there's something Star Wars-y you could have said instead. So . . . do you shed tears for Spock every morning shaving or wake up the whole house yelling, "KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAN!!!"

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To Aaron K.-
We never confuse our science fiction universes. It would be like confusing jupiter with a banana. Outrageous.

The Blonde
PS-I never considered myself a nerd until the Colonel insisted on purchasing a blue tooth for me. I now live in Nerdville. Population: Me. And all the other nerds.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Haha, the blonde. I loved your last comment. I knew you were one of us all along. You couldn't have so many nerdy children without being one yourself.

tootles! :)

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home