Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What the Heck IS That?

"Can you cook the turkey, again? You did such a good job last time."
No, I didn't...
The point of being lousy at something is to make sure you never have to do it again.
I distinctly remember the Blond getting home and beginning to pull weird parts and bags of junk out of the cooked bird, patiently saying things like,
"Uh...you're really supposed to pull out the giblets before you cook it." (What's a "giblet"?)
and...
"Yeah, you should probably take out this neck before hand, too." (I swear, that wasn't in there when I started.)
Also...
"See this plastic bag here? That's the Gravy." (Don't tell me - let me guess. That was supposed to be removed as well?)
So this year, before tossing the dumb birds in the oven, I reached in and pulled out all kinds of disgusting crud.
I'm getting better at this.
I think I've been had.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where'd that word "giblet" come from, anyway?

The Blond

10:05 AM  
Blogger mrswilly said...

that's the stuff we boil and feed to the dogs...others like to cook and put in their stuffing...never done that! and how come you have two necks?

4:41 AM  
Blogger Colonel Havoc said...

I'd like to say that we had one of those special two-headed turkeys, but we just picked up a second, smaller bird.

(For intentional leftovers)

5:34 AM  
Blogger Graceland King said...

sucker

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home