Sunday, April 01, 2007

Ha-Ha! We're Nerds--315751.3175735667

Earlier in the day, The Colonel had emptied a cooler into the sink. The ice inside had formed into a reasonably symmetrical cube. An "Ice Cube", if you will.



Now, The Colonel knows what at least 33% of his readers are thinking, "Say, that looks disturbingly like a Borg Cube, as featured in Numerous Star Trek: Next Generation Episodes and Films, including but not limited to: "
Q-WHO?", First Contact, and the incredible 2-parter "Best of Both Worlds". (Greatest Cliffhanger...Ever: "Mr. Worf...Fire.")

The rest of you probably are not thinking anything like that, but you are wrong.

Of course it looks like a Borg Cube.

Upon noticing this, the Colonel simply HAD TO dump a cup of hot coffee on it, effectively simulating the photon torpedo damage inflicted by the Enterprise Crew upon their first encounter with the frightening, but at the time, poorly costumed alien race.



It was pretty cool.

This appearance of the Borg Cube was, to the Colonel, an event akin to the Madonna appearing on an interstate overpass. He simply had to share this occasion with someone.

"Look!" he said to the Blond, "It's a Borg Cube! And the Coffee looks like a Photon Blast!"

"Yeah," Said the Blond, "I did that too."

5 Comments:

Blogger dangeresque dan said...

I do love that episode. Locutus. Hahaha. The Borg are simply great. I didn't immediately think Borg Cube but it did come to my mind quickly. Gotta love TNG. Picard, Data, Riker, Geordi, Both Crushers (not dumb doctor), Troy, Worf, And the rest of the crew. Thank God I'm not a yellow-shirted crew member.

6:53 PM  
Blogger JC said...

lol- I actually get this! If it were me, I would have pretended 7 of 9 was inside the Borg while the photon torpedo was attacking(I know- different cast- but were all fantasizing right?)

7:15 AM  
Blogger midnight mama said...

I don't get this at all, but it's still very funny. Great nerdy humor. You guys are awesome.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Reinman said...

Have you ever taken two 30, 60, 90 triangles, attached them at their hypotenuse(s), and pretended they were a Star Destroyer?

I know you have...

2:26 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

That reminds me of the fire last night. The wood block we totally the borg cube. We got a picture of it.

tootles! :)

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home