Saturday, May 07, 2005

Reminders

Ok, I am officially "old".

I have fallen into the habit of leaving reminder notes all over the place to help me remember to do important things.

I usually have notes posted saying things like,
"Get Air Filter for Lawn Mower"
"Don't post Paintball Stuff on the Band Blog"
and
"Take a Shower, Dummy."

I didn't think this was so bad until a couple days ago. I was sitting at my desk and my Palm Pilot beeped.
It said...

"2pm: Receive return on Loop Payment"

What? What in the world does that mean? Obviously I had left this message for myself, but I didn't know why. I looked at my PDA again.

There it was, glowing cryptically, defying me, taunting my progressive senility, and challenging me with questions I could not answer.

What is a "Loop Payment?"
What kind of "Return" could I expect to "receive" on it?
Why did I have to do this at 2pm?
What the heck was I thinking?

Two o'clock came and went. The earth did not stop spinning, but my head eventually did. Later, that evening, I asked my wife if I had missed anything important that day.
"Stop bugging me," she said.

I eventually had to give up trying to figure it out and move on to more important things. My latest entry was now stating how important it was for me to "triggggle the lobbostrocks....8074-321...URGENT"

So, if you have the return on my loop payment, I want you to know that, even though I haven't the faintest idea what it is, I am ready to receive it.

I'd even be willing to trade you a used Palm Pilot for it.

3 Comments:

Blogger dangeresque dan said...

The Supreme Court ruled 40 was old now. Congrats I still got 19 years til I'm "old",

11:01 AM  
Blogger Abe said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:24 PM  
Blogger adidas nmd said...

air force ones
timberland outlet
true religion jeans
kobe basketball shoes
links of london sale
adidas yeezy boost
skechers outlet
speedcross
kobe shoes
adidas nmd

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home