Monday, April 11, 2005

Vonnegut

When I was a snotty college kid (no clever link here, because all the college kids I know are REALLY COOL) I used to read books by Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Recently, for several reasons, I had to re-screen a couple of his novels that I first read during those self-absorbed, arrogant, elitest days of my youth.

It's amazing how my perceptions of the author have changed...

I used to think he was quite humorous.
Now I see that he is just a sad, bitter old man.
Hi-ho.

I once believed that he was insightful and a voice of reason in a chaotic world.
Now I see that he is simply naive and misguided.
So it goes.

I used to really enjoy each page, wishing that the story would continue.
Now, I couldn't wait for the end.
And so on...

I imagine that in another 20 years or so, I will realize how moronic, misguided, and full of gammatical errors this blog is.

Oh, wait. I realize that now.

Never end a sentence with the word, "is".


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home