Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Of Machines and Morons

The Blond's instructions were clear.

"Hey, do you think you might fix the dishwasher today?"

Translation: "If I have to wash one more plate by hand, you'll be eating lasagna through a straw."

She even channeled her inner mechanic with this bit of wisdom, "I think it's either the pump or the motor."

"Uh, yeah thanks, adult female, I think I can handle the diagnostic side of things."

So, once she had left to go earn a living, I proceeded to dismantle the beast.


Having ripped the puzzling device down to its basic molecular structure, I decided to test it.

Unfortunately, ripping it apart also included taking the drain line off. (Note the loose hose and bucket full of water.)

Domestic Hydration Control completed, I dove further into the mysterious device.

When all was said and done, I came to the inescapable conclusion that the underlining problem with the dishwasher was...

The Pump AND the Motor. Ha-ha! She thought it was the pump OR the motor. Take that, Blond! They are actually the same part!

At least, they were the same part. I quickly ordered another one.

I hope she was right, 'cause there is no way this one is ever going back together.

1 Comments:

Blogger mrswilly said...

what? the stainless steel beauty gave out on you? I remember admiring her! I remember putting dishes in her.
please let me know if she makes it.
By the way, I think you are very brave to tackle such a project...Randy just about lost his salvation installing a used one....it took him hours. And then it died a few months later!

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home